Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
The Scheme is in operational since 2008. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students having family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. Annual target is 82000 scholarships per year (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) which has been divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years. Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in class XII and pursuing regular course and not availing benefit of any other scholarships, are eligible to apply under this Scheme. The rate of scholarship is Rs. 10,000/- per annum for the first three years and Rs. 20,000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students is covered under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) w.e.f. 1.1.2013 wherein the scholarship is being disbursed directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries.
For receiving scholarship benefit under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Student an individual shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication by 30.06.2017. Till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual following alternatives can be used :-
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Application made for Aadhaar enrolment
- Voter identity card
- Permanent Account Number
- Driving License
- Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head;
- Identity Card issued by the college or institute or university
- Any other document with photo specified by the State Government
‘Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students’ has on boarded the National Scholarship portal http://www.scholarships.gov.in/ with effect from 1.8.2015 wherein the Class XII pass out students of academic year 2015 onwards are required to apply online.
Class XII pass out students of academic year 2008 to 2014, are required to obtain the renewal application blank form from the respective State Education Board and submit their renewal application form duly certified from the respective institutions to the effect that the student has secured 60 % marks in the previous exam, has 75 % attendance and not involved in any ragging activities. The certified application form is required to be submitted to his/her respective State Education Board.
For more details, click here: Guidelines - (116 KB)
Schedule indicting opening, closing and verification of online applications in National Scholarship Portal under the "Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students" for fresh and renewals - View
Top 20th percentile list for academic year 2019-20 in respect of “Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)” under the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students - View
Important Guidelines About the National Scholarship Scheme 2021
- Students who wish to apply for the National Scholarship Scheme 2021 will need to take note of the following important guidelines:
- Students pursuing diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
- Students pursuing correspondence or distance mode courses are not eligible to apply.
- Students should be pursuing regular courses in colleges or institutions recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, or Dental Council of India.
- Applicants availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State-run scholarship schemes or fee waiver and reimbursement schemes are not eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The online applications would be verified at two levels, which are by the institute where the student is studying, and by the respective state education board.
- An application that is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned state education board or by both will be treated as invalid.
- A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to the post-graduate level in the same stream, except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to a degree at graduation level.